DBZ: Never Ending Universe
Welcome to DBZ: Never Ending Universe. Please sign up or log in.
Welcome to DBZ: Never Ending Universe. Please sign up or log in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember the days when RPGs use to be fun? Well you don't have to remember anymore! The fans of DBZ proudly bring you a fun and easy paced fun filled RPG...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Roleplay

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Baki
Admin
Admin
Baki

Scouter Reading
Power Level: 180,500 PL
Race: Sayian
Name: Baki Ookami

How to Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: How to Roleplay   How to Roleplay EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:36 am

This is just a little something from the old site i decided to post up here. its a good thing for newer members to read so they have more knowledge about basic RP stuff. admins may add on stuff you feel is important and didnt get covered.

1. Godmodding
Godmodding is a serious problem when it comes to roleplaying and is looked down upon in the roleplaying society. I assume the more experianced roleplayers may know all of this but if your new to Roleplaying take the time to read this because it can be useful when your Roleplaying skills. Godmodding is a form of rolplaying when your charcter cannot die or is unbeatable. For example, if it hit Bob with a spirit bomb and he somehow manages to surive it. That would be godmodding which is taking damage without being affected or dodgeing a hit completly. Be carefull when to dodge and when to take a hit because it can make you look bad and give you a bad reputation. This is another bad example called "auto hitting". Example: Baki landed a bone shattering punch on Bob's neck. Now lets fix that shall we? Baki threw a fury of punches at Bob aiming for his face.. now THATS tons better notice how I never said it lands a hit on Bob it just says aims toward him and threw punches. Bob could dodge everyone but would make him look like a godmodder and you look like a better RPer.

2. Death, Sparring and Killing
Lets say me and Bob spar toghter and were both Z fighters. He decides to go super sayian 4 and uses the spirit bomb on me. Now why the hell would he do that? It makes no sense to kill a ally during a spar or even use that much energy during a spar. Now it would be diffrent if it were a battle agianst Frieza and death would be allowed. Please rember that RPing a life as a villian would mean constant death macthes and risks of your character's life at constant stake. Also, while we are still on the subject the Dragon Balls have the power to bring people back to life. So why worry about dying? Now, if your a Frieza type character hope theirs a loyal fighter for your cause and pray he or she gets a full set of dragon balls or otherwise you stay dead and there is no hope for you.

3.One liners and how to Roleplay like a PRO!
Usually, this isn't considered roleplay "Baki throws alot of ki blasts at Bob" lets fix that and add more detail shall we? Baki concentrated his ki into the palms of his hands. Vengence and hatred filling his eyes he released a barrage of blasts form his hands."Haahhh" he roared as he sent a fury of energy blasts from his hands. now THATS good roleplay! You see how a few details can change a whole semtence into an powerful roleplay post. okay then now heres the rolelay minuim guys. 2 lines. Just TRY to go over two lines the more the better but dont write a novel for every post the average expert Roleplayer has about 5-6 lines of well written, powerful, detailed, roleplay sentences.

4.Activity
Don't join a site and leave thats disrespectful to the admins and to other members. The bare minium I ask of you is at least once every three days. I can understand not being on EVERYDAY because i have parents who are strict about my own computer access. I usually sneak on or do something to let them let me go on the computer. If you have a vacation or holiday please feel free to leave a goodbye mesage on the leaving section or PM a admin if you want to be descrit about it.

5. Grammer

Now, we won't look at EVERY detail you do and point out every tiny typo and spelling mistake you do. But it is important that your grammer and spelling is enough to read. It may pay off, the better The admins can read and understand the roleplay the better the awards will be. So taking a moment or two re-reading and reviewing your own roleplay could really pay off.
Back to top Go down
https://neverendinguniverse.rpg-board.net

How to Roleplay
Page 1 of 1